Sunday, December 27, 2009

Eric Beddows Illustrator


Ken Nutt, who creates illustrations under the name Eric Beddows bought a copy of The Art Student's Guide to the Proportions of the Human Form. So I emailed him to ask him why, since he didn't seem to need any improvement in his drawings. He illustrated Ursula K. Le Guin's Changing Planes which is especially cool, because she has always been a favorite of mine. Here is a link to some of his illustrations for that book on her website: Changing Planes - Ursula K. Le Guin, Illustrations: Eric Beddows.

Turns out the tables of human proportions were useful to him in a new project. Here's what he had to say,

"I am currently writing and illustrating a fantasy trilogy that involves characters of all ages as well as horses and a number of other animals. I needed some absolute measurements for the children, adults and animals in my story so that I could coordinate the figures in the illustrations. Although I have a lot of standard anatomy texts, I wasn’t having much luck with measurements until I discovered your wonderful site."

He was kind enough to share some works in progress:






A link to his list of exhibitions:  Ken Nutt.

Read More






And some of the books:

Changing PlanesChanging PlanesToesToes

Ken Nutt (The One Man Group Show)

The Zoom Trilogy: Zoom at Sea * Zoom Away * Zoom UpstreamThe Zoom Trilogy: Zoom at Sea * Zoom Away * Zoom Upstream

Who Shrank My Grandmother's House?: Poems of DiscoveryWho Shrank My Grandmother's House?: Poems of Discovery

Changing Planes: StoriesChanging Planes: Stories

Dictionary of Imaginary PlacesDictionary of Imaginary Places

Night CarsNight Cars

No comments:

Post a Comment